Saturday, August 24, 2013

Marie and some color (self?) analysis

Marie is launched - hooray hooray! and I can't wait for the weather to chill a bit so I can slip her on and prance around.  I fell in love with Shibui Knits' Baby Alpaca DK when I encountered it at my local yarn store and knew right away that I wanted to feel its luxurious-ness wrapped around my neck.


It was the Ash color of this Alpaca DK  like sparkly silver that I was especially drawn to, and that I paired with Quince Lark's Chanterelle.  Of same color value, they spoke to each other, and to me!  But together do they have enough to say to the world?  Hmmm. Early feedback from trusted sources gently suggests that I may not be as adventurous with my colors as I had imagined.  Duly noted.  But ever aiming to translate potential setback into opportunity (no, really :) I decided to do some color analysis. This required some beefing up of my photoshop skills and turned out to be unexpectedly fun.

Following are 12 alternative color pairings using approximate Quince offerings (close enough to get the idea).

Dogwood Clay Pomegranate Sorbet
Crocus River Delft Birds Egg
Snap Pea Parsley Honey Crow

While I still love my initial color selection for Marie, I may choose to spice things up for the next time.  Tell me, which one would you choose?

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It looks like such a cozy fall sweater, and I also really like the fit: relaxed, but still shapely and very flattering. I'd also go with your original color choice. But my second choice would be the "Crow" colorway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I had this on yesterday and can verify its coziness - especially the alpaca collar. It's fun to hear the colors others would choose. I think I'll stand by my original :) - though crow is nice too.

      Delete